AH-64 Apache/Related Articles
- See also changes related to AH-64 Apache, or pages that link to AH-64 Apache or to this page or whose text .
- Army aviation : Helicopter, light fixed-wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles intended to be under the direct control of, and immediately responsive to, ground commanders
- Attack helicopter : A helicopter equipped with built-in heavy weapons, which has no standard cargo capacity and is used as a "flying tank" in close air support or battlefield air interdiction.
- AGM-114 Hellfire : A U.S. Army guided missile, fired from attack helicopters, Air Force and CIA unmanned aerial vehicles and ground platforms against tanks and other armored vehicles, bunkers, "soft" vehicles, and cave targets.
- Unguided rocket : A form of artillery weapon that uses a rocket motor to propel a warhead at a target, using no guidance once launched
- AN/APG-78 : A U.S. Army millimeter wave radar system shared among the Longbow versions of the AH-64 Apache heavy attack helicopter, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, and the OH-58 Kiowa Warrior scout helicopter
- AN/APR-39A(V) : A radar warning receiver and electronics countermeasures suite controller that provides coverage for C/D and E through J band CW radar, used on helicopters and slow fixed-wing aircraft
- AN/APR-48A Radar Frequency Interferometer Electronic Support : Add brief definition or description target acquisition system
- AN/ALQ-144 : A defensive electronic warfare system for U.S. military helicopters, which provides infrared countermeasures against heat-seeking missiles and can also control an radar jammer infra-red countermeasures set
- AN/AVR-2 : A first-and-second generation, obsolescent laser warning receiver laser warning receiver
- AN/ALQ-36(V) : Add brief definition or descriptionradar jammer
- ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- AH-1 Cobra : The first purpose-built U.S. attack helicopter, introduced by the U.S. Army in the Vietnam War; the U.S. Marine Corps still operates a much-modified version
- OH-58 Kiowa Warrior : A United States Army helicopter with extensive sensors for surveillance and guiding weapons fired by other air or ground weapons platforms, and also is a light attack helicopter on its own rights.
- Flares : An expendable electronic warfare decoy form of infrared countermeasures
- Chaff : A passive, disposable radar countermeasure using strips of metal foil or aluminized plastic, cut to match the wavelength of the expected radar, and used to send false reflections back to the radar receiver