AGM-88 HARM/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to AGM-88 HARM, or pages that link to AGM-88 HARM or to this page or whose text .
- Anti-radiation missile : A guided missile that attacks radar transmitters
- Guided missile : A weapon that flies through air or space, under its own power, which adjusts its course to hit its target.
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Suppression of enemy air defense : Military actions taken to reduce the effectiveness, or destroy, the radars, radio and other communications links, surface-to-air missiles, anti-aircraft artillery, fighter aircraft and their airbases and command posts of air defense systems
- AN/ASQ-213 : A pod-mounted anti-radiation missile targeting system for the AGM-88 HARM, originally for F-16 Fighting Falcon fighters but adaptable to any aircraft with the MIL-STD-1553 electronic interface
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- BaE Systems ALARM : A anti-radiation missile developed by the Royal Air Force, with direct attacks and parachute-borne loiter mode, slower than the U.S. AGM-88 HARM but with more advanced search and suppression capabilities
- EA-6B Prowler : This is the main tactical electronic warfare aircraft of the U.S. military, highly effective although reaching the end of its service life through airframe exhaustion
- EF-18 Growler : The U.S. Navy replacement for the EA-6B Prowler electronic warfare aircraft
- F-16 Fighting Falcon : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD.
- F-22 Raptor : A "fifth generation" fighter, with stealth, supercruise, extreme maneuverability, and an extremely high price tag that caused its production to be stopped in favor of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter : A family of 5th generation multirole fighter, being developed in versions to operate from conventional airfields, in short takeoff and vertical landing for small carrier and forward-based land operations, and in carrier-capable conventional takeoff and landing.
- Integrated air defense system : An air defense that combines radar, anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles, and fighter aircraft, presenting multiple layers of defense under systematic command and control
- Matra Armat : A French-developed anti-radiation missile, optimized for long-range strike against enemy radars, rather than the escort/self-defense mode of the U.K. BaE Systems ALARM and U.S. AGM-88 HARM
- RC-135 COMBAT SENT : A long-range aircraft, operated by the United States Air Force, for collecting electronic intelligence