- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Guided missile : A weapon that flies through air or space, under its own power, which adjusts its course to hit its target.
- Infrared : In physics and engineering, a non-visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum ranging from wavelengths of 750 nm to 1 mm, between the darkest visible red and the shortest submillimeter wave radar
- Directed infrared countermeasures : Add brief definition or description
- Missile warning receiver : An electronic warfare subsystem that detects the thermal energy, or other signatures, of a missile launch or its flight, in order to take defensive measures