A-10 Thunderbolt II/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to A-10 Thunderbolt II, or pages that link to A-10 Thunderbolt II or to this page or whose text .
- Anti-tank warfare : The practice of measures, on or adjacent to the battlefield, to damage or destroy armored fighting vehicles including tanks, or to interfere with the ability of those vehicles to move on that battlefield
- Close air support : Weapons delivered, by aircraft, in close proximity to friendly forces that are in contact with enemy forces; direct support of ground combat requiring extreme care to avoid fratricide
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- : An electronic warfare expendables dispenser, to be replaced by the AN/ALE-47
- AN/ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- : An radar jamming pod, to be replaced by the AN/ALQ-184 as part of the electronic warfare suite on tactical aircraft
- AGM-65 Maverick : Short-range air-to-surface missile with multiple guidance and warhead options, certified for 25 past and present aircraft
- Autocannon : A magazine-fed cannon that will load and fire continuously until its magazine is empty.
- Cluster munition : A military weapon, fired or dropped from another weapon, that releases smaller submunitions that cause the actual destructive effect
- F-35A Lightning II : The variant of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter for the United States Air Force, intended to replace the F-16 Fighting Falcon and A-10; may be exported
- Forward air controller : An individual or team, knowledgeable in both ground and air warfare, who coordinates close air support for a ground unit to which they are responsible
- Operation DESERT STORM : That part of the Gulf War, beginning with the first air strikes at 02:00 local time, 17 January 1991, until the main ground assault into Kuwait, Operation DESERT SABRE