9K31 Strela-1/Related Articles
- See also changes related to 9K31 Strela-1, or pages that link to 9K31 Strela-1 or to this page or whose text .
- Surface-to-air missile : A guided missile fired from land or water, to destroy aircraft and possibly missiles; naval versions may have a secondary anti-shipping missile capability
- Transportation Security : Add brief definition or description
- 9K32M Strela-2 : A Soviet-designed first-generation man-portable air defense system (MANPADS), which can be fired from the shoulder of a single soldier at slow targets such as helicopters
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Electro-optical MASINT : A subdiscipline of measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), which has similarities to but complements imagery intelligence (IMINT); it does not form images, but validates them and produces information on phenomena that emit, absorb, or reflect electromagnetic energy in the infrared, visible light, or ultraviolet spectra, where the value is knowledge of the type of energy detected
- Gulf War, Iraqi integrated air defense system : The combination of doctrine, command and control, radars, fighter aircraft, surface-to-air missiles and anti-aircraft artillery operated by Iraq at the start of Operation DESERT STORM in January 1991
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- FIM-43 Redeye : Add brief definition or description
- FIM-92 Stinger : A second-generation United States Army surface-to-air missile that can be fired from a soldier's shoulder, from vehicle-mounted launchers, and, in an air-to-air missile configuration, from attack helicopters. Uses combined infrared-ultraviolet guidance to resist countermeasures.