2013 Nairobi shopping mall attack/Related Articles
- See also changes related to 2013 Nairobi shopping mall attack, or pages that link to 2013 Nairobi shopping mall attack or to this page or whose text .
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- Jihadist : One who participates in violent armed jihad
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Al-Shabaab (insurgency) : An Islamist group in Somalia, accused of having generic terrorism and specific al-Qaeda affiliations
- Insurgency : A wide range of political and military actions intended to change a government, through means considered illegal by that government.
- Nairobi : The capital of Kenya in East Africa
- Kenya : A country of 38 million in East Africa.
- Somalia : A country located in the Horn of Africa, bordering Djibouti to the northwest, Kenya on its southwest, the Gulf of Aden at its north, the Indian Ocean at its east, and Ethiopia to the west.
- 1998 bombings of U.S. Embassies in Africa : Vehicle-borne suicide bomb attacks, conducted by al-Qaeda approximately nine minutes apart, on U.S. Embassies and civilian buildings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya on August 7, 1998
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Suicide attack : A means of attack with a weapon guided by a human who will inevitably die in the attempt
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- 9-11 Attack : The largest terrorist attack on the continental United States, occurring on September 11, 2001, using hijacked airliners as suicide weapons against major buildings.