16"-45 caliber MK 6 naval gun/Related Articles
- See also changes related to 16"-45 caliber MK 6 naval gun, or pages that link to 16"-45 caliber MK 6 naval gun or to this page or whose text .
- Battleship : A heavily-armored, warship optimized for fighting other warships using large-caliber guns; certain armor requirements differentiated from cruisers; obsolete by end of World War II.
- Cannon : Sizable crew-served weapons, which fire projectiles through a tube called a barrel.
- Naval guns and gunnery : Artillery weapons on ships, and techniques and devices for aiming them.
- South Dakota-class : A four-ship class of 35,000 ton U.S. Navy battleship begun just before the Second World War; more compact and better protected than the preceding North Carolina-class, but had the same main battery of nine 16"-45 caliber MK 6 naval guns in triple turrets
- North Carolina-class : A two-ship class of U.S. Navy battleships, originally to Treaty requirements and but upgunned to the 16"-45 caliber MK 6 naval gun in 1936; better protected and more seaworthy than following South Dakota-class but had no flagship facilities