Vietnam War ground technology/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
< Vietnam War ground technology
Revision as of 22:06, 4 May 2010 by Howard C. Berkowitz (Vietnam War military technology/Related Articles moved to Vietnam War ground technology/Related Articles over redirect: The actual name in the lede; not sure how it drifted. This is, however, a popular page, so the redirects should stay. Ground is more accurate (i.e., there's air, but only for explicit ground support))
- See also changes related to Vietnam War ground technology, or pages that link to Vietnam War ground technology or to this page or whose text .
- AK-47 : The world's most common assault rifle, firing a 7.62mm bullet, but with reduced-power propellant and larger magazines that comparable battle rifles using the same caliber; there are variants that use lighter bullets
- Agent ORANGE : Add brief definition or description
- M-16 (rifle) : Add brief definition or description
- M113 (armored personnel carrier) : A lightly armored, fully tracked, box-shaped vehicle for carrying infantry and equipment, intended as a "battle taxi" to take its load to the edge of the battlefield; produced in the high tens of thousands
- Air assault : Military operations in which infantry are carried by aircraft onto, or very near, the target, or by parachuting. The aircraft may be helicopters, tilt-rotor aircraft, short-landing transports, or, historically, gliders.
- Unguided rocket : A form of artillery weapon that uses a rocket motor to propel a warhead at a target, using no guidance once launched
- Geophysical MASINT : A branch of measurement and signature intelligence that involves phenomena transmitted through the earth (ground, water, atmosphere) and manmade structures including emitted or reflected sounds, pressure waves, vibrations, and magnetic field or ionosphere disturbances.