Difference between revisions of "User talk:Yi Zhe Wu"
m (→Your "Specialist" support of Coal as the next "Draft of the Week": new section)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 05:34, 30 December 2009
I have been in hiatus from Citizendium since a couple years ago, but soon I will start to edit again. I miss everyone here!
- 1 Prohibition
- 2 Exploration of the Moon
- 3 Image copyright
- 4 I know you might appreciate this:
- 5 Blind Thomas Jefferson Airplane
- 6 Query on my page
- 7 Buffalo Springfield
- 8 You deserve to be credited...
- 9 Party! You're invited!
- 10 Image:Denniskucinich.jpg
- 11 CZ International
- 12 Chinese characters
- 13 Your "Specialist" support of Coal as the next "Draft of the Week"
Hey, I read over your article Prohibition of alcohol, United States because I saw you had requested feedback. It's a pretty good start, overall, briefly covering the important aspects of the topic. I did make some edits for grammar and clarity. One thing I think you should consider is renaming the article, because the current title is quite awkward. How about Prohibition in the United States, or simply Prohibition? I don't think you need to clarify "of alcohol", because the term almost always refers to the historic prohibition of alcohol. --Carl Jantzen 15:46, 22 August 2007 (CDT)
- I submitted an enhanced photo for the article. See talk page. --Robert W King 15:53, 22 August 2007 (CDT)
Exploration of the Moon
I have reverted your changes to the caption of the photo of Queen Elizabeth II, becayuse the photo says it is public domain, but you have put a copyright symbol under the photo in the article. This is wrong: if you are in doubt, consult with Stephen Ewen about image copyright. Sorry to complain, I am sure you thought it was the right thing to do! --Martin Baldwin-Edwards 22:53, 6 October 2007 (CDT)
- Thanks for your reply, there is no problem. I think Stephen has developed a PD sign which you can put there, if you like. However, this issue with image attribution is still being debated and has to go to the Editorial Council. I am still working on a proposal about it...--Martin Baldwin-Edwards 10:54, 7 October 2007 (CDT)
I know you might appreciate this:
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8S32LQ00.htm - Japan officials warned over Wikipedia.
My favourite quote from the whole article: "The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said. --Robert W King 12:32, 8 October 2007 (CDT)
Blind Thomas Jefferson Airplane
Greetings. I think you should remove (or change) your self-effacing comment from Talk:Jefferson Airplane. You are partly right, after all (& I assumed the same thing) - Robert Thorpe 13:47, 14 October 2007 (CDT)
- Well, it explains in the article that the origin of the name may have been as above, in the title I gave this section - so Thomas Jefferson may have been involved after all. It's the 'airplane' bit that is unexplained - Robert Thorpe 14:45, 14 October 2007 (CDT)
Query on my page
Although you removed it, I got the email notification anyway. i suppose the missing pics are because there are not suitable images for copyright reasons, but no doubt Stephen Ewen can tell you. Or was your query about something other than missing images? --Martin Baldwin-Edwards 16:03, 10 November 2007 (CST)
Hi, I noticed them on your page, so wrote a tiny stub from memory - Ro Thorpe 18:45, 30 November 2007 (CST)
Ah, well, you could put that in the article. And start one on the First Amendment if you feel so inclined - I had to look it up in Wikipedia... Ro Thorpe 11:29, 1 December 2007 (CST)
You deserve to be credited...
Party! You're invited!
- good work on the state educational entries. :) Richard Jensen 21:44, 20 January 2008 (CST)
I think there's a chance this photo might have been doctored; notice the uneven levels of resolution around his face; some areas are extremely "pixelated" while others have clear definition. --Robert W King 21:45, 20 January 2008 (CST)
Hi! I’m just letting people who have expressed an interest in CZ International know that there is now a proposal on the table.
Please discuss its feasibility at: CZ:Proposals/Internationalisation sandbox in the Discussion area.
Feel free to help develop the proposal, as well.
We'll also need "drivers".
Aleta Curry 18:07, 14 February 2008 (CST)
Hi. I started an article on Chinese characters recently, but it is much in need of someone with a Chinese background. Please have a look if you have the time. John Stephenson 08:29, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
Your "Specialist" support of Coal as the next "Draft of the Week"
Just to let you know that I moved your vote as a "Specialist supporter" to the ordinary supporter column. Only Editors may vote as a "Specialist supporter". Please read "Voting" at here. Regards, Milton Beychok 02:10, 16 May 2009 (UTC)