User talk:Rachael Cantrell
Welcome, new editor! We're very glad you've joined us. Here are pointers for a quick start. Also, when you get a chance, please read The Editor Role. You can look at Getting Started for other helpful introductory pages. It is essential for you as an editor to join the Citizendium-Editors mailing list in order to stay abreast of editor-related issues. If you wish, just ask me to create a "personal sandbox" for you where you can test out editing and writing articles. If you need help to get going, it is a good idea to join our discussion forums. That's where we discuss policy, proposals or technical problems. You can ask any constable for help, too. Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and thank you! We appreciate your willingness to share your expertise, and we hope to see you begin actively editing and contributing to Citizendium. Milton Beychok 17:08, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
A personal welcome
Hi, Rachael, I just want to extend my warm welcome to you as a Linguistics and Robotics editor and author. I hope that you will enjoy working with us to produce a great online encyclopedia ... and have some fun doing it.
I would also like to remind you that your biography needs to be expanded quite a bit. Milton Beychok 17:15, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Rachael and welcome to Citizendium! If you have any problems using any area of the site, I am more than happy to help. --Chris Key 18:52, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Rehj, welcome aboard CZ. Milton has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical suggestions on what possibilities you have to contribute. For example, have you seen the article on speech recognition? Other than that, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Computer : A machine that executes a sequence of instructions.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Computer linguistics : Add brief definition or description
- Natural language : A communication system based on sequences of acoustic, visual or tactile symbols that serve as units of meaning.
- Robot : Virtual or mechanical artificial agent, usually an electro-mechanical machine which is guided by computer or electronic programming, and is thus able to do tasks on its own.
- Robotics : The science of designing, building, and using robots for a set of tasks.
- Pseudonym : Add brief definition or description
- German language : A West-Germanic language, the official language of Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein, one of several official languages in Switzerland and Belgium, and also spoken in Italy and Denmark.
Furthermore, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Finally, you can help future newcomers by giving your feedback on the above suggestions. To do so, please leave a note on my talk page.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, --Daniel Mietchen 21:00, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
Could you help approve an article?
Hello. I would like to get the article on HUBO approved. In the list of Robotics editors, you were the only one (hope)! I hope you will have some spare time to look over the article and see if it is ready for approval. As of now, there are no approved articles in Robotics. Thank you. (Chunbum Park 18:28, 27 February 2011 (UTC))
Comment on ASIMO article
Approval of ASIMO
Rehj, we are looking for Editors to consider nominating ASIMO for consideration of Approval. Will you look the article over and let me know if you would be one of the article's nominators.
We would give the community, including yourself, 2-3 weeks to review, comment, suggest changes, etc.
Please let me know if I can include you as one of the nominators.
Also, if you feel any of the article's you've worked on are ready for consideration of Approval, let me know and I will get the process started.
Thank you for this consideration. —Approval Manager, Anthony.Sebastian 16:00, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- You do realise that this user has made five edits in 2.5 years, all of which were to talkpages? David Finn 09:14, 23 February 2012 (UTC)