I am a linguist interested in acquisition of second language phonology and comprehension-based language learning. My experience comprises part-time lecture work at the universities of York and Durham in the UK (2003-2006), then teaching linguistics and English at Mie University in Japan (2006-2013). I am the author of a chapter in T. Piske and M. Young-Scholten's (eds) Input Matters in SLA (2009; Multilingual Matters). My formal qualifications include a BA in linguistics (Manchester) and an MA in language acquisition (Durham). And that's it!
- From October 2013 to June 2016 I was a Moderator, i.e. a site administrator who is also responsible for keeping an eye out for vandalism and unpleasantness. I previously did this job for a while in 2007.
- Since February 2013 I have been the administrator of the Citizendium Forum.
- I am a moderator of Citizendium's social networking pages on Twitter (general news; new pages), Facebook and Google+.
- My recent Citizendium edits - look here to see what I've been working on (or just see if I know what I'm talking about). See also logs and here (a few of the 16,859 live articles on Citizendium).
- I was mostly responsible for the original information on many of the Linguistics Workgroup pages, and tried to get linguists and departments to link to Linguistics.
- See here for a list of uncategorised pages that omits subpages (which make this difficult to work with).
- I was an Editorial Council member.