|Many thanks March 2014 donors; special to Darren Duncan. April 2014 donations open; need minimum total $100. Let's exceed that.
Donate here. Donating gifts yourself and CZ.
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
|Line 233:||Line 233:|
=== Status pages ===
=== Status pages ===
[http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/CZ:Biology_Workgroup/Status My Biology Workgroup Status]
[http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/CZ:Biology_Workgroup/Status My Biology Workgroup Status]
Revision as of 19:29, 26 October 2008
Anthony Sebastian, M.D.
Professor of Medicine
University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
UCSF Faculty Affiliations:
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology
UCSF's Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI):
--CTSI Strategic Opportunities Support Center
Though I packed my curriculum with biology, I majored in chemistry in college, at UCLA, receiving a B.S. in 1960. I believed in chemistry as a foundation for biology. After working in the chemical industry for one year, I entered the UCSF School of Medicine, graduating in 1965 as runner-up for the Gold-Headed Cane Award. I remained at UCSF for post-graduate studies, including a fellowship in Nephrology under the mentorship of Dr. R. Curtis Morris, Jr., with whom I have maintained a productive collaborative relationship until the present time.
My research, in collaboration with Morris and others, has focused on acid-base and electrolyte physiology and pathophysiology, emphasizing an integrated approach encompassing endocrine, nutrition, skeletal, and cardiovascular physiology. My contributions earned election to the American Society for Clinical Investigation and the Association of American Physicians. In recognition of our joint contributions in research and patient care, Morris and I together received the Belding H. Scribner Medal from the American Society of Nephrology.
In the teaching arena, I established a medical student elective course in Renal Pathophysiology, which I directed and taught in for 13 years. For 10 years, I served as faculty facilitator in small-group sessions in the Foundations of Patient Care course.
In the administrative arena, I served on the Medical School’s Curriculum Committee for five years, helped launch the Chancellor’s Diversity Committee, and beginning in the mid-70’s, helped Dr. Morris administer the Moffitt/MZ General Clinical Research Center, culminating as co-director of the unit. In 2002, I received the UCSF School of Medicine’s Alumnus of the Year Award.
I work now part-time (salary-wise, not time-wise) as Professor of Medicine (recalled), and spend most of my time working in continued research projects with three collaborative groups, writing manuscripts and book chapters, peer-reviewing manuscripts, serving on the Steering Committee of UCSF's Clinical and Translational Science Institute's Strategic Opportunities Support Center, reviewing molecular medicine proposals for grant support from UCSF's Resource Allocation Program, and writing and editing for Citizendium.
I write to learn, and read to write.
Specializations: formal education and independent scholarship
Content contributions to Citizendium
My Notes Pages
Sebastian Sandbox #2
Sebastian Sandbox #4
Sebastian Sandbox #5
Derek Harness Skin Comments
Citations and Notes
Frequently used pages
Peer-Reviewed Articles: Original Research
- Sebastian A, McSherry E, Ueki I, Morris RC Jr: Renal amyloidosis, nephrotic syndrome, and impaired renal tubular reabsorption of bicarbonate. Ann Int Med 69:541 548, 1968
- Sebastian A, McSherry E, Morris RC Jr: On the mechanism of renal potassium wasting in renal tubular acidosis associated with the Fanconi syndrome (Type 2 RTA). J Clin Invest 50:231 243, 1971
- Morris RC Jr, McSherry E, Sebastian A: Modulation of experimental renal dysfunction of hereditary fructose intolerance by circulating parathyroid hormone. Proc Nat Acad Sci, USA 68:132 135, 1971
- Sebastian A, McSherry E, Morris RC Jr: Renal potassium wasting in renal tubular acidosis: Its occurrence in types 1 and 2 RTA despite sustained correction of systemic acidosis. J Clin Invest 50:667 678, 1971
- McSherry E, Sebastian A, Morris RC Jr: Renal tubular acidosis in infants: The several kinds, including bicarbonate wasting, classic renal tubular acidosis. J Clin Invest 51:499 514, 1972
- Short E, Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A, Spencer M: Exaggerated phosphaturic response to circulating parathyroid hormone in patients with familial x linked hypophosphatemic rickets. J Clin Invest 58:152 163, 1976
- Sebastian A, McSherry E, Morris RC Jr: Impaired renal conservation of sodium and chloride during sustained correction of systemic acidosis in patients with type 1, classic renal tubular acidosis. J Clin Invest 58:454 469, 1976
- Hulter HN, Ilnicki LP, Harbottle JA, Sebastian A: Impaired renal H+ secretion and NH3 production in mineralocorticoid deficient glucocorticoid- replete dogs. Am J Physiol 232:F136 F146, 1977
- Sebastian A, Schambelan M, Lindenfeld S, Morris RC Jr: Amelioration of metabolic acidosis with fludrocortisone therapy in hyporeninemic hypoaldosteronism. N Engl J Med 297:576 583, 1977
- Hulter HN, Sigala JF, Sebastian A: K+ deprivation potentiates the renal alkalosis producing effect of mineralocorticoid. Am J Physiol 235:F298 F309, 1978
- Hulter HN, Ilnicki LP, Harbottle JA, Sebastian A: Correction of metabolic acidosis by the kidney during isometric expansion of extracellular fluid volume. J Lab Clin Med 92:602 612, 1978
- Hulter HN, Licht JH, Sebastian A: K+ deprivation potentiates the renal acid excretory effect of mineralocorticoid: Obliteration by amiloride. Am J Physiol 236:F48 F57, 1979
- Hulter HN, Licht JH, Glynn RD, Sebastian A: Renal acidosis in mineralocorticoid deficiency is not dependent on NaCl depletion or hyperkalemia. Am J Physiol 236:F283 F294, 1979
- Schambelan M, Sebastian A, Biglieri EG: Prevalence, pathogenesis, and functional significance of aldosterone deficiency in hyperkalemic patients with chronic renal insufficiency. Kidney Int 17:89 101, 1980
- Hulter HN, Sebastian A, Sigala JF, Licht JH, Glynn RD, Schambelan M, Biglieri EG: Pathogenesis of renal hyperchloremic acidosis resulting from dietary potassium restriction in the dog:role of aldosterone. Am J Physiol 238:F79 F91, 1980
- Hulter HN, Licht JH, Glynn RD, Sebastian A: Pathophysiology of chronic renal tubular acidosis induced by administration of amiloride. J Lab Clin Med 95:637 653, 1980
- Hulter HN, Licht JH, Bonner EL Jr, Glynn RD, Sebastian A: Effects of glucocorticoid steroids on renal and systemic acid base metabolism. Am J Physiol 239:F30 F43, 1980
- Hulter HN, Glynn RD, Sebastian A: Renal and systemic acid base effects of chronic dichloroacetate administration in dogs. Metabolism 29:997 1002, 1980
- Sebastian A, Sutton JM, Hulter HN, Schambelan M, Poler SM: Effect of mineralocorticoid replacement therapy on renal acid base homeostasis in adrenalectomized patients. Kidney Int 18:762 773, 1980
- Schambelan M, Sebastian A, Rector FC Jr: Mineralocorticoid resistant renal hyperkalemia without salt wasting (type II pseudohypoaldosteronism): Role of increased renal chloride reabsorption. Kidney Int 19:716 727, 1981
- Hulter HN, Bonner EL Jr, Glynn RD, Sebastian A: Renal and systemic acid base effects of chronic spironolactone administration. Am J Physiol 240:F381 F387, 1981
- Hulter HN, Sigala JF, Sebastian A: Effects of dexamethasone on renal and systemic acid base metabolism. Kidney Int 20:43 49, 1981
- Hulter HN, Toto RD, Bonner EL Jr, Ilnicki LP, Sebastian A: Renal and systemic acid base effects of chronic hypoparathyroidism in dogs. Am J Physiol 241:F495 F501, 1981
- Hulter HN, Ilnicki LP, Licht JH, Sebastian A: On the mechanism of diminished urinary carbon dioxide tension caused by amiloride. Kidney Int 21:8 13, 1982
- Jones JW, Sebastian A, Hulter HN, Schambelan M, Sutton JM, Biglieri EG: Systemic and renal acid base effects of chronic dietary potassium depletion in humans. Kidney Int 21:402 410, 1982
- Hulter HN, Sebastian A, Toto RD, Bonner EL Jr, Ilnicki LP: Renal and systemic acid base effects of the chronic administration of hypercalcemia producing agents: Calcitriol, PTH, and intravenous calcium. Kidney Int 21:445 458, 1982 Brenner RJ, Spring DB, Sebastian A, McSherry E, Genant HK, Palubinskas AJ, Morris RC Jr: Incidence of radiographically evident bone disease, nephrocalcinosis, and nephrolithiasis in various types of renal tubular acidosis. N Engl J Med 307:217 221, 1982
- Hulter HN, Toto RD, Ilnicki LP, Sebastian A: Chronic hyperkalemic renal tubular acidosis induced by KCl loading. Am J Physiol 244:F255 F264, 1983
- Hulter HN, Toto RD, Ilnicki LP, Halloran B, Sebastian A: Metabolic alkalosis in models of primary and secondary hyperparathyroid states. Am J Physiol 245:450 461, 1983
- Kurtz I, Maher T, Hulter HN, Schambelan M, Sebastian A: Effect of diet on plasma acid base composition in normal humans. Kidney Int 24:670 680, 1983
- Toto RD, Hulter HN, Mackie S, Sebastian A: Renal tubular acidosis induced by dietary chloride. Kidney Int 25:26 32, 1984
- Maher T, Schambelan M, Kurtz I, Hulter HN, Jones JW, Sebastian A: Amelioration of metabolic acidosis by dietary potassium restriction in hyperkalemic patients with chronic renal insufficiency. J Lab Clin Med 103:432 445, 1984
- Hulter HN, Toto RD, Sebastian A, Mackie S, Cooke CR, Wilson, TE, Melby JC: Effect of extracellular fluid volume depletion on renal regulation of acid base and potassium equilibrium during prolonged mineral acid administration. J Lab Clin Med 103:854 868, 1984
- Sebastian A, Schambelan M, Sutton JM: Amelioration of hyperchloremic acidosis with furosemide therapy in patients with chronic renal insufficiency and type 4 renal tubular acidosis. Am J Nephrology 4:287 300, 1984
- Berger BE, Cogan MG, Sebastian A: Reduced glomerular filtration and enhanced bicarbonate reabsorption maintain metabolic alkalosis in humans. Kidney Int 26:205 208, 1984
- Hulter HN, Licht JH, Sebastian A: Effects of dietary potassium depletion and mineralocorticoid excess on renal Cl conservation in the dog. Am J Physiol 248:F104 F112, 1985
- Hernandez RE, Cogan MG, Schambelan M, Colman J, Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Dietary NaCl determines severity of potassium depletion-induced metabolic alkalosis. Kidney Int 31:1356-1367, 1987
- Schambelan M, Sebastian A, Katuna BA, Arteaga E: Adrenocortical hormone secretory response to chronic NH4Cl-induced metabolic acidosis. Am J Physiol 252:E454-E460, 1987
- Carneiro AV, Sebastian A, Cogan MG: Reduced glomerular filtration rate can maintain a rise in plasma bicarbonate concentration in humans. Am J Nephrol 7:450-454, 1987
- Petri M, Bockerstedt L, Colman J, Whiting-O'Keefe Q, Sebastian A, Hellmann D: Serial assessment of glomerular filtration rate in lupus nephropathy. Kidney Int 34:832-839, 1988
- Yarbrough S, Nix L, Katz R, Korn M, Sebastian A: Food chloride distribution in nature and its relation to sodium content. J Am Diet Assoc 88:472-475, 1988
- Schambelan M, Sebastian A: Pathogenesis and pathophysiologic role of hypoaldosteronism in syndromes of renal hyperkalemia. Current Topics in Membrane and Transport 28:351-366, 1987
- Sebastian A, Hernandez RE, Portale AA, Colman J, Tatsuno J, Morris RC Jr: Dietary potassium influences kidney maintenance of serum phosphorus concentration. Kidney Int 37:1341-1349, 1990
- Don BR, Sebastian A, Cheitlin M, Christiansen M, Schambelan M: Pseudohyperkalemia caused by fist clenching during phlebotomy. N Engl J Med 322:1290-1292, 1990
- Cogan MG, Carneiro AV, Tatsuno J, Colman J, Krapf R, Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Normal diet NaCl variation can affect the renal setpoint for plasma pH-HCO-3 maintenance. J Am Soc Nephrol 1:193-199, 1990
- Moulinier L, Venet T, Schiller NB, Kurtz TW, Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Measurement of aortic blood flow by Doppler echocardiography: Day to day variability in normal subjects and applicability in clinical research. J Am Coll Cardiol 17:1326-1333, 1991
- Siegel D, Hulley SB, Black DM, Cheitlin MD, Sebastian A, Seeley DG, Hearst N, Fine R: Diuretics, serum and intracellular electrolyte levels and ventricular arrhythmias in hypertensive men. JAMA 267(8):1083-1089, 1992 JAMA (ed.esp.) 1:113-124, 1992
- Hagiwara S, Lane N, Engelke K, Sebastian A, Kimme DB, Genant HK: Precision and accuracy for rat whole body and femur bone mineral determination with dual X-ray absorptiometry. Bone and Mineral 22:57-68, 1993
- Sebastian A, Harrris ST, Ottaway JH, Todd KM, Morris RC Jr: Improved mineral balance and skeletal metabolism in postmenopausal women treated with potassium bicarbonate. N Engl J Med 330:1776-1781, 1994
- Kusumoto F, Venet T, Schiller NB, Sebastian A, Foster E: Measurement of aortic blood flow by Doppler Echocardiography:temporal, technician, and reader variability in normal subjects and the application of generalizability theory in clinical research. J Am Soc Echocardiol 8:647-653, 1995
- Frassetto L, Sebastian, A: Age and systemic acid-base equilibrium: Analysis of published data. J Gerontol 51A:B91-B99, 1996
- Frassetto LA, Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Effect of age on blood acid-base composition in adult humans. Role of age-related renal functional decline. Am J Physiol 271:F1114-F1122, 1996
- Frassetto L, Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Potassium bicarbonate reduces urinary nitrogen excretion in postmenopausal women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 82:254-259, 1997
- Sudhir K, Forman A, Yi SL, Sorof J, Schmidlin O, Sebastian A, Morris RC Jr: Reduced dietary potassium reversibly enhances vasopressor response to stress in African-Americans. Hypertension 29:1083-1090, 1997
- Frassetto LA, Todd KM, Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Estimation of net endogenous noncarbonic acid production in humans from diet potassium and protein content. Am J Clin Nutr 68:576-583, 1998
- Schmidlin O, Forman A, Tanaka M, Sebastian A, Morris RC, Jr.: Salt induced renal vasoconstriction in salt sensitive African-Americans. Hypertension 33:633-639, 1999
- Morris RC, Sebastian A, Forman A, Tanaka M, Schmidlin O: Normotensive salt-sensitivity: Effects of race and dietary potassium. Hypertension 33:18-23, 1999
- Morris RC, Schmidlin O, Tanaka M, Forman A, Frassetto L, Sebastian A: Differing effects of supplemental KCI and KHCO3: pathophysiological and clinical implications. Seminars in Nephrology 19:487-493, 1999
- Frassetto LA, Todd KT, Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Worldwide incidence of hip fracture in elderly women: Relation to consumption of animal and vegetable foods. J Geront Med Sci 55A:M585-M592, 2000.
- Frassetto LA, Nash E, Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Comparative effects of potassium chloride and bicarbonate on thiazide-induced reduction in urinary calcium excretion. Kidney Intl 58:748-742, 2000
- Sellmeyer DE, Stone KL, Sebastian A, Cummings, SR: A high ratio of dietary animal to vegetable protein increases the rate of bone loss and risk of fracture in postmenopausal women. Am J Clin Nutr 73:118-122, 2001
- Frassetto LA, Morris RC Jr, Sellmeyer DE, Todd K, Sebastian A: Diet, evolution and aging – the pathophysiologic effects of the post-agricultural inversion of the potassium-to-sodium and base-to-chloride ratios in the human diet. Eur J Nutr 40:200-213, 2001
- Sellmeyer DE, Schloetter M, Sebastian A: Potassium citrate prevents increased urine calcium excretion and bone resorption induced by a high sodium chloride diet. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2008-2012, 2002
- Sebastian A, Frassetto LA, Sellmeyer DE, Merriam RL, Morris RC Jr Estimation of the net acid load of the diet of ancestral pre-agricultural Homo sapiens and their hominid ancestors. Am J Clin Nutr 2002;76:1308-16.
- Frassetto, L.A., R. C. Jr Morris, and A. Sebastian. Long-term persistence of the urine-calcium-lowering effect of potassium bicarbonate in postmenopausal omen. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2005;90:831-834
- Cordain, L., Eaton, S. Boyd, Sebastian A., Mann, N., Lindeberg, S., Watkins, B.A., O’Keefe, J.H., and Brand-Miller, J. Origins and evolution of the Western diet: health implications for the 21st century Am J Clin Nutr 81:341-354, 2005
- Hwa C, Sebastian A, Aird WC. Endothelial biomedicine: its status as an interdisciplinary field, its progress as a basic science, and its translational bench-to-bedside gap. Endothelium 2005;12:139-51.
- Morris RC, Jr., Schmidlin O, Frassetto LA, Sebastian A. Relationship and interaction between sodium and potassium. J Am Coll Nutr 2006;25:262S-70S.
- Frassetto LA, Morris RC, Jr., Sebastian A. A practical approach to the balance between acid production and renal acid excretion in humans. J Nephrol 2006;19 Suppl 9:S33-S4
- Frassetto LA, Lanham-New SA, Macdonald HM, Remer T, Sebastian A, Tucker KL, Tylavsky FA. Standardizing terminology for estimating the diet-dependent net acid load to the metabolic system. Journal of Nutrition 2007;137:1491-2.
- Schmidlin, O., Forman, A., Sebastian A, and Morris, R. C. Jr. What initiates the pressor effect of salt in salt-sensitive humans? Observations in normotensive blacks. Hypertension 2007;49:1032-9
- Sebastian A, McSherry E, Morris RC Jr: Metabolic acidosis with special reference to the renal acidoses. The Kidney, edited by Brenner BM, Rector FC Jr. WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia, Chapter 16, 1976
- Morris RC Jr, McInnes RR, Epstein CJ, Sebastian A, Schriver CR: Genetic and metabolic injury of the kidney. The Kidney, edited by Brenner BM, Rector FC Jr. WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia, Chapter 27, 1976
- Schambelan M, Sebastian A: Hyporeninemic hypoaldosteronism. Advances in Internal Medicine, edited by Siperstein MH. Year Book Medical Publishers, Chicago, Vol 24, 1978
- Schambelan M, Sebastian A, Hulter HN: Mineralocorticoid excess and deficiency syndromes. Contemporary Issues in Nephrology, edited by Stein JH, Brenner BM. Churchill Livingstone, NY, Vol II, 1978 `Sebastian A, Hulter HN, Rector FC Jr: Metabolic alkalosis. Contemporary Issues in Nephrology, edited by Stein JH, Brenner BM. Churchill Livingstone, NY, Vol II, 1978
- Sebastian A, Hulter HN, Schambelan M: Renal hyperchloremic acidosis with hyperkalemia. Type 4 renal tubular acidosis (RTA). Proceedings, VIIth International Congress of Nephrology, edited by Barcelo R, Bergeron M, Carriere S, Dirks JH, Drummond K, Guttmann RD, Lemieux G, Mongeau J G, Seely JF. S. Karger, Montreal, 1978
- Sebastian A, Morris RC Jr: Renal tubular acidosis. Strauss and Welt's Diseases of the Kidney, edited by Early LE, Gottschalk CG. Little, Brown and Company, Boston, Vol II, 1979
- Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Disorders of the renal tubule that cause disorders of fluid, acid base, and electrolyte metabolism. Clinical Disorders of Fluid and Electrolyte Metabolism, edited by Maxwell MH, Kleeman CR. McGraw Hill Book Company, NY, 1979
- Gonick HC, Fraser D, Sebastian A: Renal tubular disorders. Current Nephrology, edited by Gonick HC. Houghton Mifflin Professional Pub, Boston, 1979
- Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Renal tubular acidosis and Fanconi's syndrome. Metabolic Basis of Inherited Disease, edited by Stanbury JB Wyngaarden JB, Fredrickson DS. McGraw Hill, NY. 1983
- Cogan MG, Liu F Y, Berger BE, Sebastian A, Rector FC Jr: Metabolic alkalosis. Med Clin N Amer, edited by Kurtzman NA, Batlle DC. WB Saunders, Philadelphia. 1983
- Sebastian A, Schambelan M, Hulter HN, Kurtz I, Hernandez RE, Biglieri EG, Morris RC Jr: Acid base and electrolyte disorders associated with adrenal disease. Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid Base Disorders, edited by Arieff A, DeFronzo R. Churchill Livingstone, NY. 1985
- Schambelan M, Sebastian A: Hypoaldosteronism. Current Therapy in Endocrinology and Metabolism, edited by Bardin CW, Krieger DT. BC Decker, Philadelphia. 1985
- Sebastian A, Schambelan M, Hulter HN, Maher T, Kurtz I, Biglieri EG, Rector FC Jr, Morris RC Jr: Hyperkalemic renal tubular acidosis. Renal Tubular Disorders, edited by Buckalew V, Gonick H. Marcel Decker Publishers, NY. 1985
- Frassetto, LA, R. Morris, and A. Sebastian. The natural dietary potassium intake of humans: The effect of diet-induced potassium-replete, chloride-sufficient, chronic low-grade metabolic alkalosis, or stone age diets for the 21st Century. Nutritional Aspects of Osteoporosis, 2nd Ed., edited by P. Burkhardt, B. Dawson-Hughes, and R. P. Heaney, Amsterdam: Elsevier/Academic Press, 2004, p. 349-365.
- Frassetto, L.A., C. Morris, and A. Sebastian. Effects of diet acid load on bone health. Nutritional Aspects of Osteoporosis, 2nd Edition, edited by P. Burkhardt, B. Dawson-Hughes, and R. P. Heaney, Amsterdam: Elsevier/Academic Press, 2004, p. 273-295.
- Sebastian A, Hernandez RE, Schambelan M: Disorders of renal handling of potassium. The Kidney, edited by Brenner BM, Rector FC Jr. WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia. 1986
- Schambelan M, Sebastian A: Adrenal Gland. Cecil Essentials of Medicine, edited by Andreoli TE, Carpenter CCJ, Plum F, Smith LH Jr. WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia. 1986
- Bastl C, Sebastian A: Adrenal hormones. Clinical Disorders of Fluid and Electrolyte Metabolism, edited by Maxwell MH, Kleeman CR, Narins RG. McGraw Hill Book Co, NY. 1987
- Schambelan M, Sebastian A: States of aldosterone deficiency or pseudodeficiency. Hormone Resistance and Other Endocrine Paradoxes, edited by Cohen M, Foa P. Springer-Verlag, NY 1987
- Morris RC Jr, Sebastian A: Potassium-responsive hypertension. Hypertension:Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management, 2nd Ed., edited by Laragh JH and Brenner BM. Raven Press Ltd, NY 1995
- Frassetto LA, Morris RC Jr, Todd KT, Sebastian A:: Chronic low-grade metabolic acidosis in normal adult humans: Pathophysiology and consequences women’s health and menopause. Women’s Health and Menopause, edited by Paoletti R, Crosignani P, Kenemans N, Jackson A Kluwer Academic. 1999, p. 15-23
- Morris RC Jr, Frassetto LA, Schmidlin,O, Forman A, Sebastian A: Expression of osteoporosis as determined by diet-disordered electrolyte and acid-base metabolism. Nutritional Aspects of Osteoporosis, edited by Burckhardt P, et al., Academic Press, San Diego, 2001, p. 357-378
- Sebastian A, Frassetto LA, Sellmeyer DE, Morris RC Jr: An evolutionary perspective on the acid-base effects of diet: Acid-Base Disorders and Their Treatment, Gennari, J, et al., eds., Marcel Dekker, Inc., 2005
- Sebastian A, Frassetto LA, Morris RC Jr: The Acid-Base Effects Of The Contemporary Western Diet: An Evolutionary Perspective The Kidney: Physiology and Pathophysiology, 4th Edition, edited by Drs. Robert J. Alpern and Steven C. Hebert, Elsevier [In Press] 2007
- Eaton SB, Cordain L, Sebastian A.: The Ancestral Biomedical Environment Aird W.C, Ed. Endothelial Biomedicine. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007 (ISBN 9780521853767). [In Press]
Welcome, new editor! We're very glad you've joined us. Here are pointers for a quick start. Also, when you get a chance, please read The Editor Role. You can look at Getting Started and our help system for other introductory pages. It is also important, for project-wide matters, to join the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list. Announcements are also available via Twitter. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any administrator for help, too. Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and thank you! We appreciate your willingness to share your expertise, and we hope to see your edits on Recent changes soon.
Sarah Tuttle 12:49, 25 November 2006 (CST)