From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Revision as of 15:49, 4 November 2019 by Peter Jackson
|Party or group||Seats|
|Independent Group for Change||5|
|Government working majority||0|
- One Conservative MP acts as a Deputy Speaker, so does not vote.
- Two Labour MPs act as Deputy Speakers, so do not vote.
- Sinn Féin contests UK general elections but does not take the seats; therefore, its MPs do not vote or speak in the House of Commons.
- Formed during the lifetime of this Parliament by defectors from other parties.
- Only one of these was elected as an independent; the others have resigned or been expelled or suspended from their parties.
- Does not vote except to break a tie; the Speaker is not a member of any party.
- The Speaker announced he would retire after close of business on 31st October 2019,and on the 4th November he was appointed as Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead, thus disqualifying him as an MP. His successor is to be elected later in the day.
- Seats awaiting the election of a new MP in a by-election or general election.
- Does not include the Speaker and Speaker's Deputies (who do not usually vote) or Sinn Féin (which does not take the seats).