Tao Te Ching/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Tao Te Ching, or pages that link to Tao Te Ching or to this page or whose text .
- Philosophy : The study of the meaning and justification of beliefs about the most general, or universal, aspects of things.
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- Chinese philosophy : Add brief definition or description
- Chinese religions : Add brief definition or description
- Dao : Add brief definition or description
- Daoism : (Also Taoism) Philosophical and religious tradition originating in China between 6th and 2nd centuries BCE; as a philosophy, advocates harmony with the cosmic principle called the Way (the Dao); as a religion, offers longevity or immortality by means of virtuous action, ascetic practices, and medicines.
- Political philosophy : Branch of philosophy that deals with fundamental questions about politics.
- Three Teachings : (Chinese 三教; pinyin sānjiào; Wade-Giles san chiao) Collective term for Confucianism, Daoism, and Buddhism.