Spectroscopic MASINT/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Spectroscopic MASINT, or pages that link to Spectroscopic MASINT or to this page or whose text .
- Measurement and signature intelligence : A variety of intelligence gathering disciplines complementary to the technical "mainstream" of imagery intelligence and signals intelligence.
- Electro-optical MASINT : A subdiscipline of measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), which has similarities to but complements imagery intelligence (IMINT); it does not form images, but validates them and produces information on phenomena that emit, absorb, or reflect electromagnetic energy in the infrared, visible light, or ultraviolet spectra, where the value is knowledge of the type of energy detected
- SYERS multispectral sensor : Add brief definition or description
- Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite : GOES satellites do visual and infrared imaging of earth atmosphere from geosynchronous orbit; they carry secondary payloads in the COSPAS-SARSAT satellite constellation of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System
- Earth resources observation : Add brief definition or description
- Infrared light : In physics and engineering, a non-visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum ranging from wavelengths of 750 nm to 1 mm, between the darkest visible red and the shortest submillimeter wave radar
- Remote sensing : The art and science of obtaining information about Earth (or, for that matter, other planets) features from measurements made at a distance, by instruments that detect reflected or transmitted energy in the electromagnetic spectrum
- Ultraviolet : The part of the electromagnetic spectrum between the visible light and X-ray regions