Rudy Atallah was the Africa Counterterrorism director at the US Department of Defense, having retired, as a lieutenant colonel, U.S. Air Force, from a post as Africa Counter-Terrorism Director and Tunisia, Morocco Country Director in the Office of the U.S. Secretary of Defense (OSD). He is founder and CEO of White Mountain Research, a firm that provides research and analysis to government and corporate clients that desire to anticipate and prevent security threats. 
Born in Lebanon and an immigrant to the U.S., he is an advisory board member of the U.S. Committee for a Free Lebanon. He told an interviewer that "voting as a citizen of the United States is an "honor and privilege" as well as a right that U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Rudy Atallah says he never has taken for granted since leaving his native Lebanon to attend the University of Connecticut in the mid-1980s, later becoming a U.S. citizen and military pilot.
Speaking in his consulting role, he told an interviewer, in August 2009, that al-Qaeda may be establishing a sanctuary in Yemen. "The Yemeni government, unfortunately, does not have a lot of control over the country...They have control over Sana'a and just right around the capital. And that's about it. And the rest of the country is pretty much lawless."
He also spoke on the piracy situation off Somalia in September 2009, after the U.S. raid on al-Shabaab. Poverty and illiteracy drive piracy, he said, especially for men in the 16-25 age group. The pirates have transferred some of the traditions of camel rustling; they name a captured vessel after their favorite camel. Radical Islam was not described as part of the problem, but, he said, the pirate money bringing in alcohol and other un-Islamic ways are causing social tensions in the town of Eyl, a pirate stronghold. 
As a military officer, he served as a Command Pilot, Wing Safety Officer, Defense Attache and OSD Africa Counter-terrorism Director.
- Air Command and Staff College
- BS Electrical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering, The University of Connecticut
- Air Force Safety School / Federal Aviation Agency Flight Safety FAA Mishap Investigator
- MS International Relations, Troy University
- "Professional Profile: Rudy Atallah", LinkedIn
- International Advisory Board, U.S. Committee for a Free Lebanon
- Jim Fisher-Thompson (3 November 2006), Arab-American Air Force Officer "Cherishes" Right to Vote" Colonel Atallah recalls political chaos during his youth in Lebanon, America.gov
- Giraffe Rock Carving - Dabous, Niger, Africa, newgrange.eu
- Erick Stakelbeck (14 August 2009), "Is Yemen the Next Hotbed for Al Qaeda?", Christian Broadcasting Network
- Erick Stakelbeck (17 September 2009), "Terrorist Killed, But Somali Piracy Continues", Christian Broadcasting Network