Ron Paul/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Ron Paul, or pages that link to Ron Paul or to this page or whose text .
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Paleoconservatism : A branch of American conservatism that stresses tradition, civil society, classical federalism and the heritage of traditional Christian civilization, and opposed socialism, the Eisenhower "New Deal" and neoconservatism; Patrick Buchanan is prominent
- Libertarianism : A political ideology that regards individual freedom as having the highest value in society.
- Ayn Rand : (1905-82) Russian-born novelist, nowadays credited as the founder of the philosophical movement called Objectivism; wrote Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead etc
- U.S. Republican Party : One of two major contemporary political parties in the United States; center-right; the elephant is its symbol.
- Restructuring of the U.S. political right : A broad category of efforts to regain U.S. political dominance by various combinations of social, fiscal, and national security ideologies, generally seen as of the Right and possibly U.S. Republican Party, as opposed to the center-left position of the Barack Obama administration and the Democratic-controlled Congress
- Rand Paul : 2010 U.S. Republican Party candidate for U.S. Senate from Kentucky, identified with the Tea Party Movement, libertarianism and constitutional conservatism; son of Ron Paul and named for Ayn Rand
- Pro-life movement : A broad range of actions intended to preserve what the proponents consider to be human life, with a core opposition to abortion, and, depending on the individual or group, euthanasia and assisted suicide, some or all stem cell research, cloning, all or some contraception, capital punishment and war
- U.S. immigration reform : Add brief definition or description
- Jesse Benton : Media coordinator and board member, American Conservative Defense Alliance; President of C.I.C. Solutions, a Washington, D.C.-based consulting firm; national spokesman for the presidential campaign of Congressman Ron Paul. Previous press secretary at Americans for Tax Reform; communications director at the American Conservative Union; and director of public policy and external affairs at the Performance Institute
- Bruce Bartlett : American conservative economist and author, critical of George W. Bush
- 2008 United States presidential election : The 55th quadrennial United States presidential election held on November 4, 2008.
- U.S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs : The committee of the U.S. House of Representatives with jurisdiction over international relations of the United States
- House Financial Services Committee : U.S. House of Representatives committee responsible for the financial industry
- Congressional Rural Healthcare Coalition : Add brief definition or description
- AntiWar.com : A website focused on general principles of American international non-interventionism, coming from a core view of libertarianism but including the foreign policy views of people from apparently divergent ideology; it explicitly challenges traditional models of "Left" and "Right"
- Tea Party movement : A loose affiliation of various groups and individuals, typically strongly fiscally and often socially conservative, involved in the restructuring of the U.S. political right; especially critical of tax increases and increases in government spending.