From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Recreation, or pages that link to Recreation or to this page or whose text .
Contributors: see also the Citizendium Recreation Workgroup
- Culture : UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (2002) defined culture as "... the set of distinctive spiritual, material, intellectual and emotional features of a society or a social group..." that "encompasses, in addition to art and literature, lifestyles, ways of living together, value systems, traditions and beliefs".
- Games : A structured or semi-structured contrived activity, primarily undertaken for enjoyment or, sometimes, practice.
- Hobbies : Pastime, avocation, para-profession or part time occupation.
- Sports : Activities that involve skill and physical exertion, and that are governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.