From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Revision as of 21:51, 14 August 2009 by Michel van der Hoek (Moved bibliography to the subpage)
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- DK. Amsterdam (2008) excerpt and text search
- DK. Netherlands (2008) excerpt and text search
- Lonely Planet the Netherlands (2007) excerpt and text search
- Michelin the Green Guide Netherlands (2007) excerpt and text search
- Delsen, Lei. Exit Polder Model? Socioeconomic Changes in the Netherlands (2002) online edition
- Mathijs, Ernest, ed. The Cinema of the Low Countries. (2004). 268 pp.
- Vuijsje, Herman. The Politically Correct Netherlands: Since the 1960s. (2000). 244 pp.
- White, Colin, et al. The Undutchables: An Observation of the Netherlands, Its Culture And Its Inhabitants (2005)
- Blom, J. C. H. and E. Lamberts, eds. History of the Low Countries (2006) 504pp excerpt and text search; also complete edition online
- Israel, Jonathan. The Dutch Republic: Its Rise, Greatness, and Fall, 1477-1806 (1995), a major synthesis; complete online edition; also excerpt and text search
- Kiers, Judikje and Tissink, Fieke. The Golden Age of Dutch Art: Painting, Sculpture, Decorative Art. (2000). 366 pp.
- Kossmann, E. H. The Low Countries: 1780-1940 (1978), 790pp; a major scholarly survey
- Mak, Geert. Amsterdam: Brief Life of the City. (2000). 352 pp.
- Muller, Sheila D. Dutch Art: An Encyclopedia. (1997). 489 pp. excerpt and text search
- Rietbergen, P.J.A.N. A Short History of the Netherlands. From Prehistory to the Present Day. 5th ed. Amersfoort: Bekking, 2002. ISBN 9061094402
- Schama, Simon. The Embarrassment of Riches: An Interpretation of Dutch Culture in the Golden Age. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1987. ISBN 0394510755. Very well written survey excerpt and text search