Natural science/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Natural science: The study of nature using the scientific method.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
Contributors: see also the Citizendium Natural Sciences Workgroups
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Nature : The physical world.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Astronomy : The study of objects and processes in the observable universe, e.g. stars, planets, comets or asteroids.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Natural philosophy : Add brief definition or description
- Natural history : The study of natural objects or organisms often relating to biology.
- Applied science : Add brief definition or description
- Health science : The helping professions that use applied science to improve health and to treat disease.
- Geology : The scientific study of the structure and composition of the earth's crust and its changes over time.