Mickey Edwards/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mickey Edwards, or pages that link to Mickey Edwards or to this page or whose text .
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Barry Goldwater : (1909-1998) An American politician from Arizona who served as a U.S. Senator and unsuccessfully ran for president in 1964 against incumbent Lyndon Johnson.
- Christian Right : A number of contemporary right-wing political movements that are specifically Christian, which advocate socially conservative values in politics and the popular culture
- Constitutional law : Interpretation of legal matters with the assumption that a formal constitution is the supreme authority; usually refers to U.S. jurisprudence
- James Madison : (March 16, 1751 – June 28, 1836), An American politician, political theorist, Secretary of State, fourth President of the United States of America (1809–1817) and one of the most influential Founding Fathers of the United States.
- U.S. Republican Party : One of two major contemporary political parties in the United States; center-right; the elephant is its symbol.
- Restructuring of the U.S. political right : A broad category of efforts to regain U.S. political dominance by various combinations of social, fiscal, and national security ideologies, generally seen as of the Right and possibly U.S. Republican Party, as opposed to the center-left position of the Barack Obama administration and the Democratic-controlled Congress
- American Society for International Law : Formed in 1906 and chartered by the U.S. Congress in 1950, a group intended to "foster the study of international law and to promote the establishment and maintenance of international relations on the basis of law and justice; Category II Consultative Status to the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a constituent society of the American Council of Learned Societies
- Aspen Institute : A U.S.-based consensus-building and policy group
- The Atlantic : A diverse U.S. publication, originally focused on literature and culture but now also with substantial political commentary
- Constitution Project : Add brief definition or description
- George Washington University : Private, nonsectarian institution chartered by President James Monroe and Congress in 1821; the largest private co-educational institution in Washington, D.C.
- American Conservative Union : An American conservative interest group founded in 1964; known for ACU ratings of Congressional voting
- Conservative Political Action Conference : Add brief definition or description
- Heritage Foundation : A Washington DC based conservative political think tank; Affiliate, Alliance Defense Fund
- Ross Douthat : (1979-) U.S. political author, concerned with restructuring of the U.S. political right; former senior editor of The Atlantic, film critic for National Review, and weekly columnist for the New York Times.
- Michael Newton : Professor of law at Vanderbilt University; member of the American Society for International Law
- David Tolbert : Deputy prosecutor for the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia; member, American Society for International Law
- Rush Limbaugh : American radio host and right-wing political commentator; "favorite columnist", American Conservative Union
- William Kristol : American political scientist, founder of the Weekly Standard, and U.S. Republican Party strategist; board member of Foreign Policy Initiative and Keep America Safe; chief of staff to Vice President Dan Quayle and U.S. Secretary of Education William Bennett; son of Irving Kristol, dean of neoconservatism; contributor to The Weekly Standard and Washington Post; expert list, Middle East Forum
- Liz Cheney : neoconservative attorney; daughter of Dick Cheney and assisting him with his memoirs; founding board member of Keep America Safe and Chairman of the Board of the Institute for the Study of War; State Department official for the Middle East 2002-2006