Mexican-American War/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mexican-American War, or pages that link to Mexican-American War or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. History : The history of the United States from the colonial era to the present.
- U.S. slavery era : The history of black slavery in the United States.
- James K. Polk : (1795–1849) Eleventh President of the U.S.A.
- Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo : The 1848 treaty that ended the Mexican-American War and created a boundary that added New Mexico, Arizona and California to the U.S.
- Wilmot Proviso : A proposal, advanced several times 1848-54 but never adopted, for the U.S. Congress to forbid the expansion of slavery into the Southwest.