From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Lissencephaly, or pages that link to Lissencephaly or to this page or whose text .
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Brain development : The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Brain evolution : The process by which the central nervous system changed over many generations.
- Neurodevelopmental disorder : Add brief definition or description
- Neuronal migration : The process by which nerve cells travel from the place of their last cell division to their final position in the brain.
- Miller-Dieker syndrome : Add brief definition or description
- Gyrification : The folding process during brain development, or the extent of folding.
- Agyria : The lack of convolutions of the cerebral cortex.
- Pachygyria : A congenital malformation of the cerebral hemisphere that results in unusually thick convolutions of the cerebral cortex.
- Gyrencephaly : Add brief definition or description
- Brain size : Umbrella term for various measures of how big a brain is.
- Brain morphometry : The quantitative study of structures in the brain, their differences between individuals, correlations with brain function, and changes of these characteristics over time.
- Cerebral cortex : External tissue layer within the vertebrate brain, ensheathed by the pia mater; home to the nerve cell bodies; important in learning and dementia.
- Gray matter : A spelling variant of grey matter.
- White matter : A subset of brain tissue whose volume is dominated by myelinated axons of nerve cells.