From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Guillotine, or pages that link to Guillotine or to this page or whose text .
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- French Revolution : The revolutionary episode in France that deposed the king and the aristocracy, created a republic, and included a period of terror, in which thousands were killed or driven into exile.
- Law : Body of rules of conduct of binding legal force and effect, prescribed, recognized, and enforced by a controlling authority.
- Capital punishment : The practice of punishment of a crime through state-sanctioned killing.