Gordon Brown/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Gordon Brown, or pages that link to Gordon Brown or to this page or whose text .
- Chancellor of the Exchequer : The head of the department of the British government that administers the public revenue, including the receipt and expenditure of money for public services.
- Labour Party (UK) : Political party in the United Kingdom, founded at the start of the 20th century, and has been seen since 1920 as the principal party of the Left.
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom : The head of the British government, usually the leader of the largest political party in the House of Commons.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Tony Blair : Former Labour Party politician and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1997-2007).
- David Cameron : Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from May 2010 to July 2016 and leader of the country's Conservative Party December 2005 - July 2016; Member of Parliament for Witney from May 2001 to September 2016 (born 1966).
- Alistair Darling : Former British Chancellor of the Exchequer, responsible for the Government's fiscal policy.
- Member of Parliament (UK) : An elected representative in the House of Commons (the lower house of the legislative branch of government in the UK); they represent the public, debate legislation, vote on whether a bill should become law, and serve on various committees.