Charles Lyell/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Charles Lyell, or pages that link to Charles Lyell or to this page or whose text .
- Charles Darwin : (1809 – 1882) English natural scientist, most famous for proposing the theory of natural selection.
- James Croll : (1821 - 1890) Scottish physical scientist who was the leading proponent of an astronomical theory of climate change in the 19th century.
- Georges Cuvier : (1769 - 1832) vertebrate paleontologist and comparative anatomist who established the extinction of past lifeforms as an accepted scientific fact.
- James Hutton : (1726–1797) Scottish farmer and naturalist, who is known as the founder of modern geology.