From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Revision as of 13:30, 26 January 2014 by John Stephenson (link)
Let's get started!
|You can find an array of Citizendium help pages here, all aimed at explaining "the basics"--what you need to know to get started as a Citizen. Please explore and read, but bear in mind: you can learn a lot by doing, and no one will mind if you make a few mistakes as you do so. Since this is a wiki, mistakes can be easily fixed. Be Bold--and welcome!|
- Join us!
- It's easy!
- Learn about us
- Essential reading. Don't miss these crucial documents. (They're part of the CZ:Organization pages.)
- How to get to work
- You don't need to read a thick manual before actually working. We'd prefer it if you just dove in, which you can do, because wikis are easy (really!). But the following documents should clarify your role as author or editor, and give you an idea of where to have your questions answered in the future.
- How to start a new article - There's an easy way--and it is very easy.
- The Author Role - Authors are the lifeblood of the project. How to do your job.
- The Editor Role - "Editor" means something a little different here than what you might be used to.
- Introduction to CZ for Wikipedians - We do things differently here, but not that differently.
- A few essentials - Here are a few hints if you want to avoid common faux pas.
- How you can help - What to do. There's a lot that needs to be done!
- Citizendium culture
- We're a community, and we have a culture. Read about what "gets us going" and what "makes us tick."
- Why Citizendium? - Why should you contribute at all? There are many good answers.
- Be Bold - If no one is giving out orders, you're free. Freedom requires boldness!
- Under Construction - This is a new wiki. Things aren't perfect. That's OK--for now.
- How to collaborate - Collaboration with a global group of colleagues requires finesse.
- CZ:Group Editing - Commentary on how editing and writing as a group is much different than rough draft/final copy formats that most are used to.
- Professionalism - We're a pretty friendly bunch.
- Learn more
- This is just a getting-started page. There's a lot more on the community home page, CZ:Home. Here are some other links to help you get started.
- How to edit an article - The technical nitty-gritty. WikiMedia markup, etc.
- Approval Standards - A list of the qualities a good article should have.
- Article mechanics - A guide to mechanics and style
- Subpages - We're more than just an encyclopedia. See what else.
- Workgroups - How we organize ourselves by discipline.
- Citizendium by Citizendium - our article about ourselves.
- Introductory Video - A third-party video introducing the concept of wikis.
|Citizendium Getting Started|
|Register | Quick Start | About us | Help system | The Author Role | The Editor Role|
Essentials | How to start a new article | For Wikipedians | Other