From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Revision as of 21:35, 10 September 2007 by Larry Sanger
|Citizendium Getting Started|
|Register | Quick Start | About us | Help system | The Author Role | The Editor Role|
Essentials | How to start a new article | For Wikipedians | Other
Let's get started!
|You can find an array of Citizendium help pages here, all aimed at explaining "the basics"--what you need to know to get started as a Citizen. Please explore and read, but bear in mind: you can learn a lot by doing, and no one will mind if you make a few mistakes as you do so. Since this is a wiki, mistakes can be easily fixed. Be Bold--and welcome!|
- Join us!
- Learn about us
- Essential reading. Don't miss these crucial documents.
- How to get to work
- You don't need to read a thick manual before actually working. We'd prefer it if you just dove in, which you can do, because wikis are easy (really!). But the following documents should clarify your role as author or editor, and give you an idea of where to have your questions answered in the future.
- How to start a new article - There's an easy way--and it is very easy.
- Introduction to CZ for Wikipedians - We do things differently here, but not that differently.
- The Author Role - Authors are the lifeblood of the project. How to do your job.
- The Editor Role - "Editor" means something a little different here than what you might be used to.
- A Dozen Essentials - Here are a few hints if you want to avoid common faux pas.
- Citizendium culture
- We're a community, and we have a culture. Read about what "gets us going" and what "makes us tick."
- CZ:Why Citizendium? - Why should you contribute at all? There are many good answers.
- Be Bold - If no one is giving out orders, you're free. Freedom requires boldness!
- Under Construction - This is a new wiki. Things aren't perfect. That's OK--for now.
- How to collaborate - Collaboration with a global group of colleagues requires finesse.
Your "getting started" to do list
Things new Citizens should do:
- Sign up.
- Check your user page. Be sure
[[Category:CZ Authors]]is on the page if you're an author (or an editor who wants also to be counted among the authors), and
[[Category:CZ Editors]]if you're an editor. If you're an author, you can add other workgroup author categories to taste, such as
[[Category:Philosophy Authors|LastName, FistName]]. Note that only Citizendium management can add workgroup editor categories, such as
- Sign up to the community announcement list, Citizendium-L.
- Get to work! Don't wait for assignments; this isn't a top-down project.