From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Revision as of 21:28, 10 September 2007 by Larry Sanger
|Citizendium Getting Started|
|Register | Quick Start | About us | Help system | The Author Role | The Editor Role|
Essentials | How to start a new article | For Wikipedians | Other
Let's get started!
|You can find an array of Citizendium help pages here, all aimed at explaining "the basics"--what you need to know to get started as a Citizen. Please explore and read, but bear in mind: you can learn a lot by doing, and no one will mind if you make a few mistakes as you do so. Since this is a wiki, mistakes can be easily fixed. Be Bold--and welcome!|
- Join us!
- Learn about us
- Essential reading. Don't miss these crucial documents.
- How to get to work
- Citizendium culture
- We're a community, and we have a culture. Read about what "gets us going" and what "makes us tick."
- CZ:Why Citizendium? - Why should you contribute at all? There are many good answers.
- Be Bold - If no one is giving out orders, you're free. Freedom requires boldness!
- Under Construction - This is a new wiki. Things aren't perfect. That's OK--for now.
- How to collaborate - Collaboration with a global group of colleagues requires finesse.
Your "getting started" to do list
Things new Citizens should do:
- Sign up.
- Check your user page. Be sure
[[Category:CZ Authors]]is on the page if you're an author (or an editor who wants also to be counted among the authors), and
[[Category:CZ Editors]]if you're an editor. If you're an author, you can add other workgroup author categories to taste, such as
[[Category:Philosophy Authors|LastName, FistName]]. Note that only Citizendium management can add workgroup editor categories, such as
- Sign up to the community announcement list, Citizendium-L.
- Get to work! Don't wait for assignments; this isn't a top-down project.