Black propaganda/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Black propaganda: Issued by one government (or equivalent) but made to appear to be from another; intended to damage the ostensible source; content may be false, or true but embarrassing to the apparent originator
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Propaganda : Information issued by governments, intended to influence a target audience; it may be acknowledged by its source, be of ambiguous source, or have a false source; the content may be true or false, independently of the truth of its ostensible origin
- Deception : The act of deceiving or misleading, through the intentional concealing or misrepresentation of facts.
- Information operations : The integrated employment of the core capabilities of electronic warfare, computer network operations, psychological operations, military deception, and operations security.
- Committee for State Security : Usually known as the KGB, one of Organs of State Security of the Soviet Union, with extensive responsibilities in intelligence (information gathering), border security, counterintelligence and suppression of dissent; split up in the Russian Federation with counterintelligence in the FSB and foreign intelligence in the SVR
- Ministry of Economic Warfare : Add brief definition or description
- Office of Strategic Services : The United States' first unified agency for clandestine intelligence collection, all-source intelligence analysis and covert action
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- False flag : In a variety of situations ranging from clandestine human-source intelligence to fraud to counterintelligence to false flag interrogation techniques, a manipulative technique where the manipulator leads others to believe he is the representative of a group they either admire or fear, in order to secure a benefit for his own cause, symbolically represented by a national flag
- Clandestine human-source intelligence and covert action : Intelligence and military special operations functions that either should be completely secret (i.e., clandestine: the existence of which is not known outside the relevant government circles), or simply cannot be linked to the sponsor (i.e., covert: it is known that sabotage is taking place, but its sponsor is unknown).