Battle of the Philippine Sea/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
< Battle of the Philippine Sea
Revision as of 16:17, 11 January 2010 by Housekeeping Bot (Automated edit: Adding CZ:Workgroups to Category:Bot-created Related Articles subpages)
- See also changes related to Battle of the Philippine Sea, or pages that link to Battle of the Philippine Sea or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Battle of the Philippine Sea. Needs checking by a human.
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- Anti-aircraft artillery : A general term for guns that can elevate to high angles and shoot accurately at aircraft, using visual, electro-optical, or radar guidance.
- Battle of Leyte Gulf : The largest naval battle in history, fought in October 1944 as Japan tried to interfere with U.S. amphibious landings in the Philippines
- George C. Marshall : Army Chief of Staff (WWII), Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense (Korean War)and sponsor of the Marshall Plan.
- Kamikaze : Suicide attacks, specifically by Japanese aircraft in the Second World War, against military targets
- Philippine Sea : Add brief definition or description
- USS Aquarius (AKA-16) : Manned by United States Coast Guard personnel, a WWII U.S. Arcturus-class attack cargo ship
- USS Virgo (AKA-20) : Andromeda-class attack cargo ship of the Second World War, later converted to an ammunition ship
- World War II, Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.
- World War II, air war, Pacific Theater strategic operations : Add brief definition or description
- World War II, air war : Air operations in the Second World War