From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Arts: Add brief definition or description
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
Contributors: see also the Citizendium Arts Workgroups
- Culture : UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (2002) defined culture as "... the set of distinctive spiritual, material, intellectual and emotional features of a society or a social group..." that "encompasses, in addition to art and literature, lifestyles, ways of living together, value systems, traditions and beliefs".
- Architecture : The art and technique of designing and constructing buildings to fulfill both practical and aesthetic purposes.
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Theatre : Those areas of the arts involving performance, especially of the spoken word.
- Visual arts : Creative fields that produce works primarily experienced through the sense of sight.
- Art : Application of human creativity to existing materials, resulting in a new object or experience.