Applied arts/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Revision as of 17:11, 17 June 2015 by John Stephenson (+more)
Applied arts: Add brief definition or description
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
Contributors: see also the Citizendium Applied Arts and Sciences Workgroups
- Culture : UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (2002) defined culture as "... the set of distinctive spiritual, material, intellectual and emotional features of a society or a social group..." that "encompasses, in addition to art and literature, lifestyles, ways of living together, value systems, traditions and beliefs".
- Arts : Add brief definition or description
- Fashion design : Add brief definition or description
- Graphic design : Art and profession of selecting and arranging visual elements such as typography, images, symbols, and colours, to convey a message to an audience.
- Interior design : Add brief definition or description
- Architecture : The art and technique of designing and constructing buildings to fulfill both practical and aesthetic purposes.
- Business : A term that relates to the transaction of commerce.
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- Journalism : Practice of writing about daily events of interest to people - politics, international affairs, sports, etc.
- Library science : The study of issues related to libraries and the information fields.
- Media : The embodiment or transmission of information, as with the arts, or radio, television, newspapers, magazines, and internet, considered collectively.
- Photography : Art and science of capturing an image on a light sensitive material.
- Writing : The process of recording thoughts or speech in a visually or haptically retrievable manner.