From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Revision as of 15:47, 11 January 2010 by Housekeeping Bot (Automated edit: Adding CZ:Workgroups to Category:Bot-created Related Articles subpages)
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/ALE-50. Needs checking by a human.
- A-10 Thunderbolt II : A heavily armed close air support and ground attack aircraft, which can loiter over a battlefield and then hit targets with great accuracy, while retaining high survivability against ground fire.
- ALE-55 : An active electronic attack remote device targeted at radar, spooled out by an AN/ALE-47 dispenser, which can run through the flame of an afterburner and, at the end of its tether, act as a deceptive decoy trackbreaker or a seductive sacrificial decoy
- ALQ-165 : An obsolete electronic warfare jammer on F-111 and F-18 Super Hornet aircraft, replaced on the Super Hornets with the AN/ALQ-214
- ALQ-184 : A 1990s-vintage multiband radar jammer, in current use, that can use the AN/ALE-50 towed decoy, used by the U.S. and Taiwan
- ALQ-213 : A Danish Air Force-designed electronics countermeasures suite controller used on aircraft of many countries
- Deceptive decoy : Within the broad context of electronic warfare, which includes both electromagnetic and acoustic sensing, a device, independently launched from a target or escort, which interferes with enemy tracking or final weapons guidance
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- F-16 Fighting Falcon : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD.
- F-18 Super Hornet : A new generation of carrier-based fighter beyond the F-18 Hornet, this evolution provides an architecture with even greater expansion, especially with the AN/APG-79 AESA radar, more powerful computers and communications, and a new engine with longer range.
- Sacrificial decoy : Using electronic warfare techniques, a (usually) mobile transmitting device that will lure an enemy weapon to attack it rather than the real platform it is protecting