Yuri Nosenko/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Yuri Nosenko, or pages that link to Yuri Nosenko or to this page or whose text .
- Cold War : Geostrategic, economic and ideological struggle from about 1947 to 1991 between the Soviet Union and the United States and their allies.
- Counterintelligence : Countermeasures to foreign intelligence organizations collecting intelligence against one's own side.
- Organs of State Security : A generic term for Soviet intelligence and internal security organizations, from the Cheka to the KGB; traditionally a third of the power balance among the Communist Party of the Soviet Union and the Red Army; term continues in Russian usage with the FSB
- Committee for State Security : Usually known as the KGB, one of Organs of State Security of the Soviet Union, with extensive responsibilities in intelligence (information gathering), border security, counterintelligence and suppression of dissent; split up in the Russian Federation with counterintelligence in the FSB and foreign intelligence in the SVR
- United States intelligence community : The United States' intelligence agencies coordinated by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
- James Jesus Angleton : Long-time OSS and CIA counterintelligence officer, who headed the CIA Counterintelligence Staff and constantly searched for conspiracies — which, in the world of intelligence, might or might not exist; he did not suspect Kim Philby
- Worth Bagley : Add brief definition or description
- Anatoly Golitsyn : Soviet KGB officer who defected to the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, triggering an intense internal debate, not completely settled today, if he were genuine or a KGB plant; he and Yuri Nosenko accused one another of being a double agent