Yoga Sutras/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Yoga Sutras, or pages that link to Yoga Sutras or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Yoga Sutras. Needs checking by a human.
- Asana : Body position in Joga to improve flexibility and vitality, often held for extended periods.
- Ashtanga vinyasa yoga : Add brief definition or description
- Ashtanga : The physical movements in a yoga practice.
- Bhagavad Gita : A Vaisnava treatise composed around the time of Christ, or perhaps a century or so before, and incorporated into the text of the epic poem Mahabharata.
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika : Sanskrit text by Maharishi Swatmarama that explains Hatha Yoga.
- Hinduism : A diffuse set of cultural and religious practices that originated on the Indian subcontinent.
- Patanjali : (c. 150 BC) Indian teacher credited with gathering and systematizing the teachings of meditation and yoga, based on a loose set of doctrines and practices from the Upanishads.
- Swami Satyananda Saraswati : Add brief definition or description
- Yoga : An entire (Indian) philosophy of being, with the goal of achieving peace of mind and of body, which also includes a set of exercises and breathing techniques to induce relaxation.