William Y. Smith/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to William Y. Smith, or pages that link to William Y. Smith or to this page or whose text .
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- Institute for Defense Analyses : A U.S. government-funded think tank, originally created in 1947, principally to assist the Office of the Secretary of Defense and the Joint Chiefs of Staff in weapons evaluation, and then monitoring and guiding research. Its mission has broadened to include the support of several other Federal agencies, including Presidential staff
- Cuban Missile Crisis : Probably the closest the U.S. and Soviet Union came to nuclear war, a confrontation, in October 1962, when Soviet missiles were discovered in Cuba, and eventually removed through a naval show of force and diplomatic maneuvering
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.