William DuPuy/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to William DuPuy, or pages that link to William DuPuy or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/William DuPuy. Needs checking by a human.
- Cold War : Geostrategic, economic and ideological struggle from about 1947 to 1991 between the Soviet Union and the United States and their allies.
- Hamilton H. Howze : United States Army general and Army Aviation pioneer, considered the creator of division-sized, helicopter-mobile air assault forces. Retired as four-star commander of UN forces in Korea.
- John Paul Vann : Influential field operator in the Vietnam War, first as a United States Army advisor and lieutenant colonel, who later worked for the Agency for International Development in a role with the authority of a major general
- Military Assistance Command, Vietnam : Headquarters for most U.S. combat and support units assisting the Republic of Vietnam
- Operation ATTLEBORO : Originally intended as a "live-fire training" exercise for the 196th Light Infantry Brigade, it became a 22,000 man operation that was the first of five major "search-and-destroy" missions of 1966-1967 in the Vietnam War
- Restructuring of the United States Army : A major doctrinal and organization redesign of the United States Army, with its chief feature being moving from the division to the Brigade Combat Team and new supporting brigade structures as the basic Unit of Action
- Training and Doctrine Command : A major command of the U.S. Army, responsible both for all training as well as the development of doctrine of how the Army fights, currently headed by GEN Martin Dempsey
- U.S. Department of Defense : The military forces of the United States and their supporting civil servants.
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.