Whip (political)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Whip (political), or pages that link to Whip (political) or to this page or whose text .
- Legislature : The body of persons responsible for the formulation of law.
- Commonwealth Parliament of Australia : Add brief definition or description
- Knesset : The unicameral parliament of the State of Israel, with 120 members elected by popular vote
- Parliament of Canada : The supreme legislative body in Canada with respect to areas of federal responsibility; each of the ten provinces has a corresponding legislature.
- Parliament of the United Kingdom : The supreme legislative body in the United Kingdom its territories.
- U.S. Congress : The legislature of the United States federal government, comprising the House of Representatives and the Senate.
- Chief Government Whip, House of Commons (Canada) : Leadership official for the ruling coalition in the Canadian Parliament, currently Gordon O'Connor
- Chief Opposition Whip, House of Commons (Canada) : Parliamentary leader for the official Opposition, currently Rodger Cuzner
- U.S. Senate Majority Whip : Second-ranking member of the U.S. Democratic Party leadership in the U.S. Senate, currently Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois
- U.S. Senate Minority Whip : In the U.S. Senate, second-ranking member of the U.S. Republican Party leadership, currently Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona
- U.S. House Majority Whip : Third-ranking member of the majority leadership in the U.S. House of Representatives, currently Kevin McCarthy, who leads the U.S. House Majority Whip Team.
- U.S. House Minority Whip : Second-ranking member of the Democratic leadership in the U.S. House of Representatives, who heads the U.S. House Minority Whip Team; currently Rep. Steny Hoyer.