Viking program/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Viking program, or pages that link to Viking program or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Viking program. Needs checking by a human.
- Atmospheric reentry : The movement of human-made or natural objects as they enter the atmosphere of a planet from outer space, in the case of Earth from an altitude above the 'edge of space.'
- Galileo Probe : An unmanned spacecraft sent by NASA to study the planet Jupiter and its moons.
- Kilogram : The kilogram is the basic unit of mass in the International System of Units (SI, metric system).
- Mars (planet) : The fourth planet from the Sun in our solar system; named after the Roman god of war; also known as the "Red Planet".
- Mass : The total amount of a substance, or alternatively, the total energy of a substance.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration : Independent agency of the U.S. government responsible for the nation's public space program.
- Space Race : A competition of space exploration between the United States and Soviet Union, which lasted roughly from 1957 to 1975.
- Viking 1 : The first of two spacecraft sent to Mars as part of NASA's Viking program.