Vibrio cholerae/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Vibrio cholerae, or pages that link to Vibrio cholerae or to this page or whose text .
- Microbiology : The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Infectious Diseases : Add brief definition or description
- Water-borne diseases : Add brief definition or description
- Vibrionaceae : A family of facultatively anaerobic bacteria, containing the genera Vibrio, Aeromonas, and Photobacterium
- Vibrio (genus) : Gram-negative bacteria possessing a curved rod shape, typically found in saltwater, with some species causing serious diseases in humans and other animals such as cholera.
- Cholera : A life-threatening gastrointestinal infections disease caused by Vibrio cholerae, with a high mortality rate from dehydration unless treated, usually with oral rehydration therapy