Ventral scales/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Ventral scales, or pages that link to Ventral scales or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Ventral scales. Needs checking by a human.
- Adenorhinos : A monotypic genus created for A. barbouri, a venomous viper species found only in Tanzania.
- Anal scale : The scale just in front of and covering the cloacal opening.
- Atheris hispida : Venomous viper found in Central Africa with extremely keeled scales and an almost bristly appearance.
- Atheris nitschei rungweensis : African venomous viper subspecies found in Tanzania, Zambia and Malawi.
- Atheris squamigera : Venomous viper species found in west and central Africa.
- Bitis gabonica : A venomous member of the genus Bitis, found in the rainforests and savannas of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Bitis nasicornis : A venomous member of the genus Bitis, found in the forests of West and Central Africa.
- Bitis : Genus of venomous vipers found in Africa and the southern Arabian Peninsula.
- Causus bilineatus : A venomous member of the genus Causus, found in south central Africa.
- Causus defilippii : A venomous member of the genus Causus, found in East Africa.
- Causus lichtensteinii : A venomous viper species found in western and central Africa with no known subspecies.
- Causus maculatus : Venomous viper species found mainly in West- and Central Africa.
- Causus resimus : A venomous member of the genus Causus, found in isolated populations distributed across tropical Africa.
- Daboia : A monotypic genus created for a venomous viper species, D. russelii.
- Dorsal scales : Longitudinal series of plates that encircle the body, but do not include the ventral scales on snakes.
- Echis carinatus : Venomous viper species of the genus Echis, found in parts of the Middle East, Central Asia, and especially the Indian subcontinent.
- Echis jogeri : Venomous viper species found only in Mali.
- Echis leucogaster : Venomous viper species of the genus Echis, found in West and Northwest Africa.
- Eristicophis : Monotypic genus created for a venomous viper species, E. macmahonii, found only in the desert region of Balochistan near the borders of Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Gular scales : Scales in the throat area or ventral surface of the neck in snakes.
- Lachesis muta : Venomous pit viper species found in South America.
- Micrurus fulvius : Venomous elapid species found in the southeastern U.S.A.
- Paraventral scales : Longitudinal rows of dorsal scales that contact the ventral scales in snakes.
- Pseudocerastes persicus fieldi : Venomous viper subspecies found in the deserts of the Middle East.
- Pseudocerastes : Monotypic genus created for a venomous viper species, P. persicus, found throughout the Middle East and as far east as Pakistan, but not on the African mainland.
- Snake (organism) : Elongate legless carnivorous reptiles of the suborder Serpentes, order Squamata, abundant in all warm countries.
- Vipera ammodytes meridionalis : Venomous viper subspecies found in Greece and Turkish Thrace.
- Vipera aspis francisciredi : Venomous viper subspecies found in Italy, where it is the most common and widely distributed venomous snake.
- Vipera aspis : Asp; a venomous viper species found in southwestern Europe.
- Vipera berus : Widespread venomous viper found in Western Europe, Great Britain and eastward to Far East Asia.