User talk:Leo Tindall
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Bruce M. Tindall 02:15, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
- Hello. Do you know each other by any chance? Half Life 2 was one of my favorite games. StarCraft is another classic. (Chunbum Park 02:41, 27 March 2011 (UTC))
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Leo, nice to have you with us! Let me add a few pointers that may facilitate your start (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Computer program : A set of instructions to be executed by a computer.
- Programming language : A formal language specification, and programs for translating the formal language to machine code.
- Video game : A game played using an electronic controller to manipulate images on a display screen.
- Astronomy : The study of objects and processes in the observable universe, e.g. stars, planets, comets or asteroids.
- Solar System : The sun and the planets orbiting it.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- California : A state of the United States located on the west coast of the North American continent.
Have fun! --Daniel Mietchen 08:48, 27 March 2011 (UTC)