User talk:Arturo Magidin
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, our help system and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) or via Twitter. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forum is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any administrator for help, too. Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! See CZ:Discipline Workgroups to add yourself to whichever author workgroups you choose. -- David Tribe 04:27, 5 April 2007 (CDT)
A few words about workgroups
We are indeed happy to have you in the community. We would also like to introduce you to Citizendium's Workgroups and encourage you to--
- Join a workgroup if you haven't already
- Help us add workgroup category tags to articles, especially any articles you create
- Help us spread the word about workgroups within the CZ community
What are workgroups? To answer that question, I'd like to give you a quick tour.
- For the purposes of this tour, please take a look at the Biology Workgroup Home: CZ:Biology_Workgroup.
- Now let's take a look at the first table on the Biology Workgroup Home (below).
|Biology article||All articles (1,594)||To Approve (0)||Editors: active (8) / inactive (42)
|Biology Workgroup Discussion|
|Citable Articles (25)||Mailing list (defunct):|
|Checklist-generated categories: Underlinked (790) | Cat Check (524) | Cleanup (0)|
Subpage categories: Definitions (1,554) | Related Articles (1,443; to check 739) | Bibliography (378) | External Links (417) | Gallery (29) | Video (27)
Missing subpage categories: Definitions (23) | Related Articles (9) | Bibliography (23) | External Links (23)
- In the 2nd column, find the link that says, "all articles," which lists all articles that users have placed [[Category:Biology Workgroup]] at the bottom of their articles.
- Now click on the "recent changes" link underneath the "all articles" in the 2nd column in the top table. This lists all recent changes in articles that have been tagged [[Category:Biology Workgroup]]. In one glance, you can view all the changes that happened while you were away! Feel free to click on all the links to get an idea how the information for your workgroup is organized. All these lists are populated by articles that have the categories properly placed at the bottom of their pages.
This completes your virtual-tour of CZ workgroups. I hope you can see the usefulness of having all articles in Citizendium tagged properly with your Workgroup categories. Make sure to add the Workgroup category labels to your new articles. This is an important part of the Approval process.
Be sure to join a workgroup and take part in this opportunity to collaborate with others who have similar interests as you. You can see what others are working on in the Workgroup recent changes and join in! Remember, we want you to be bold in your contributions at Citizendium.
To add yourself to a workgroup, use the form [[Category:Education Authors|Smith, Bob]], etc., and add it to your user page. Substitute the proper work group for "Education" in the example, and your name-Last, First for the names in the example.
Do not add yourself to the Editors list, only CZ staff add "Editors" to user pages after proper review of applications is completed. To apply to become an editor, please see Editor Application Review Procedure.
To add a workgroup category tag to an article, use the form [[Category:Education Workgroup]] at the bottom of the article. Substitute in the proper workgroup for "Education" in the example.
If you are from Wikipedia originally, you may want to check out this article: