Unmanned Aerial Vehicle/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, or pages that link to Unmanned Aerial Vehicle or to this page or whose text .
- Aircraft : A vehicle capable of sustained flight within the Earth's atmosphere.
- C3I-ISR : Command, control, communications and intelligence, combined with intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
- MQ-1 Predator : A medium-altitude, long-endurance, unmanned aerial vehicle used for armed reconnaissance by the Central Intelligence Agency, and for reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition at the level of Unified Combatant Commands; it will be replaced by its larger descendant, the MQ-9 Reaper
- MQ-2 Pioneer : Add brief definition or description
- MQ-3 Dark Star : A unmanned aerial vehicle of intercontinental range, long endurance and full stealth, which could carry a variety of intelligence sensors; cancelled in favor of the cheaper MQ-4 Global Hawk
- MQ-4 Global Hawk : A reduced-observability unmanned aerial vehicle of intercontinental range and long endurance, which can carry imagery intelligence, signals intelligence, and other payloads; selected as a cheaper version of the MQ-3 Dark Star
- MQ-5 Hunter : A short-range unmanned aerial vehicle used for artillery observation and armed reconnaissance, to be replaced by the MQ-7 Shadow
- MQ-6 Outrider : Add brief definition or description
- MQ-7 Shadow : Add brief definition or description
- MQ-8 Fire Scout : A multipurpose unmanned aerial vehicle, in the form of a helicopter with relatively long endurance, whose functions include surveillance and communications relay
- MQ-9 Reaper : A U.S. Air Force medium-to-high altitude unmanned aerial vehicle, capable of both attack and intelligence, surveillance and reconnnaissance; operated by the U.S. and U.K.
- MQ-10 Snowgoose : Add brief definition or description
- MQ-11 Raven : Add brief definition or description
- Precision-guided munition : A powered or unpowered weapon that adjusts its flight path to hit a specific target, with a circular error probability in the low number of meters, often less than the radius of destruction
- Unmanned Ground Vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- Unmanned Underwater Vehicle : A submarine or smaller vehicle, which has no crew aboard, and is fully or partially under remote human control; used for commercial, scientific and military applications