United States Third Fleet/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to United States Third Fleet, or pages that link to United States Third Fleet or to this page or whose text .
- United States Pacific Command : The U.S. Unified Combatant Command, headquartered in Hawaii, and responsible for the Pacific and East Asia
- Chester Nimitz : United States Navy fleet admiral (1885-1966) who was Commander in Chief, Pacific and Pacific Ocean Areas in World War II
- William Halsey : Fleet admiral of the U.S. Navy in the Pacific theater of World War II, commanding the Third United States Fleet; a colorful and inspirational fighting leader with some limitations in strategy and large fleet command
- Naval Base San Diego : Largest shore base of the United States Navy; headquarters of the Third United States Fleet
- Richard Hunt : Vice admiral, United States Navy, commanding Third United States Fleet since June 2009
- World War II, Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.
- United States Fifth Fleet : Now the U.S. Navy component of United States Central Command; in WWII, the Pacific Fleet when under the command of ADM Raymond Spruance
- United States Seventh Fleet : The forward-deployed forces of the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps that operate in the western Pacific Ocean; a major operating command under United States Pacific Command