From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- East Turkestan : Eastern part of greater Turkestan which encompasses the Uyghur homeland in present-day Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- East Turkestan Independence Movement : A separatist movement for Uighurs, which, with some controversy, has been designated a terrorist organization
- East Turkestan Islamic Movement : A militant Islamist group, not the only one in the area, which calls for secession from China's Xinjiang-Uygur Autonomous Region, usually called Turkestan, and the creation of an Islamist state
- Huzaifa Parhat : Add brief definition or description
- Abdul Haq (Uighur) : A member of the Uighur ethnic group who directed a camp of Uighurs in the Tora Bora mountains in Afghanistan.
- Uighur detainees in Guantanamo : Prisoners captured in Afghanistan by the U.S., and determined to be members of an anti-Chinese organization not opposed to the U.S.; they are in limbo as they cannot be sent to China but other countries have been reluctant to take them
- Kyrgyzstan : A landlocked central Asian nation, formerly part of the Soviet Union; after a coup, it successfully held democratic elections