UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan, or pages that link to UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan or to this page or whose text .
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.
- Peace operations : Operations other than all-out war, conducted by neutral parties, to ensure the continuance of a peace, or, in the face of resistance, to enforce it.
- Lakhdar Brahimi : Member, Global Leadership Foundation; board, International Crisis Group; former Special Adviser to the Secretary General of the United Nations, and U.N. Special Envoy to Iraq in 2004; former Foreign Minister of Algeria
- 2009 Afghanistan presidential election : Conducted 20 August 2009, with reasonable security against attacks, substantial fraud, and mixed but significant turnout; Abdullah Abdullah declined to participate in a runoff with Hamid Karzai, who was therefore reelected
- Internally Displaced Person : Add brief definition or description