Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Oversight of the United States intelligence community resides in the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Due to the way its sensitive work interacts with other committees, the membership is partially drawn from other committees:
- two members from the U.S. Senate Committee on Appropriations;
- two members from the Senate Armed Services Committee;
- two members from the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations;
- two members from the Committee on the Judiciary; and
- not to exceed seven members to be appointed from the Senate at large.
To emphasize a sense of bipartisanship, the leaders are called Chair and Vice-Chair, not Chair and Ranking Minority Member. The Chair is Dianne Feinstein (D-California) and the Vice-Chair is Christopher Bond (R-Missouri). In addition, certain other leaders are members ex officio: