Treaty of Neuilly-sur-Seine
The Treaty of Neuilly was a treaty drawn up by the Allied powers with Bulgaria as a result of its role as one of the Central powers in World War One.
The Bulgarian treaty was signed at Neuilly, a suburb of Paris, on November 27, 1919, to come into force on August 9, 1920. While four areas on Bulgaria’s western frontier were granted to Yugoslavia and other small areas in the Rhodope Mountains went to Greece, Greece also obtained nearly all of Western Thrace, so that Bulgaria lost its territorial access to the Mediterranean through Dedéagach. Some territory northwest of Edirne, however, was taken from Turkey for Bulgaria, and Bulgaria was left in possession of its merchant fleet.
The Bulgarian army was restricted to 20,000 regulars, besides 10,000 gendarmes and 3,000 frontier guards. Reparations due from Bulgaria were assessed at 2,250,000 francs; but 75% of this total was later written off and a term of 60 years was fixed for the payment of the remainder.